206 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Just curious if there's a way to tell which players have been active on the site in a given time frame (e.g. over the past month, or whatever).

2. #2 / 11
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Good question

3. #3 / 11
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

You can look at games started and player registrations, but not I think "active players":

https://www.wargear.net/charts

4. #4 / 11
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

https://www.wargear.net/players/list

I'm almost sure you use to be able to click on "last visited," but it appears not any more, I wonder if that's a bug, or purposeful?

5. #5 / 11
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

last visited isn't accurate:

https://www.wargear.net/players/list/14/?&sortfield=registered

Ozyman United States 14th Nov 2009 14th Nov 2010 19:15 773 221 29% 60% 97 1990

Edited Sat 3rd Dec 18:57 [history]

6. #6 / 11
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I don't know what triggers "last played" - today is December 4th, I took turns in both ranked and tournament games, and it says that I last played on December 2nd.

But you can go to the rankings, sort by minimum 10 games played, and then sort by "last played" tab.

According to that, there's over 250 players who have played at least 10 games that have played in the past week.

7. #7 / 11
    Premium Member Spider
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Andernut wrote:
    But you can go to the rankings, sort by minimum 10 games played, and then sort by "last played" tab.

According to that, there's over 250 players who have played at least 10 games that have played in the past week.

Pretty interesting. Nice approach.

8. #8 / 11
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Andernut wrote:I don't know what triggers "last played" - today is December 4th, I took turns in both ranked and tournament games, and it says that I last played on December 2nd.

Much appreciated!

9. #9 / 11
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Andernut wrote:I don't know what triggers "last played" - today is December 4th, I took turns in both ranked and tournament games, and it says that I last played on December 2nd.

"last played" is triggered when you finish a game. I would guess that this includes all game categories, but am not sure.

This is a good way to judge the number of active players, but would result in an under-estimation of the actual number. Possibly by a sizable amount

10. #10 / 11
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Pratik wrote:Andernut wrote:I don't know what triggers "last played" - today is December 4th, I took turns in both ranked and tournament games, and it says that I last played on December 2nd.

"last played" is triggered when you finish a game. I would guess that this includes all game categories, but am not sure.

This is a good way to judge the number of active players, but would result in an under-estimation of the actual number. Possibly by a sizable amount

Yeah looking at "last login of September" I can see people who logged in today (such as Bex Valeur). He has completed tournament games since that date, but not ranked games, so the criteria seems to be completed a ranked game.

(Hope he's just on lighter game load and not winding down!)

Active players would probably be 400-500 unless there's a lot of players in tournament and private games that don't play ranked.

11. #11 / 11
    Premium Member Spider
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Players play a varied amount of ranked games, and I know some who play mainly private games. I am trying to play more ranked games myself, since I played many when I was not very good even worse than I am now. However, I still find myself in many more private or tournament games. If you look at a players' "ranking history," you can see how many ranked games they completed in a month.

Glancing only at the members of this thread and their activity in Nov 2022, we see quite a range of play in ranked games.

Number of ranked games completed in Nov. 2022.

123 games

1 game

10 games

9 games

10 games

4 games

14 games

So, I would think that there might be more active players out there, but not by more than 5-10% of what Andernut predicts.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)